We’ve had two wonderfully relaxing rest days in Windhoek. What a beautiful modern, clean & green city in an absolutely stunning setting surrounded by rolling hills and blessed with a benign climate!
Highlights on my end:
- Chilling for hours at the Craft Café inside the Craft Center—great food, great service, fast Internet, nice ambience
- Strolling through the streets of Windhoek
- Joining a big group of riders for Joe’s Beerhouse, a famous restaurant that looks like a fusion of a Bavarian beerhouse and an Austrian après-ski hut, with its German food menu complemented by African game. Thanks Mike for organizing!
- Doing some sightseeing, such as the historic train station . . .
- . . . or the Christuskirche that reminds of a gingerbread house.
- Being surprised by all the German street signs all over Windhoek, as well as marvelling at all the posh (though mostly gated) villas
- Treating myself to a luxurious though affordable pedicure at the Hilton spa, and enjoying the beautiful Hilton rooftop with stunning views all over Windhoek while waiting for my appointment
- Caffeinating at Slowtown Coffee Roasters on Independence Avenue
- Girls’ night at Ocean Basket with Anmei, E.A., Justyna (new sectional rider living in Zurich!), Liz and Marie