Hello fellow riders!
While setting up my interactive map for this blog, I’ve learnt that it’s very easy to save the TDA cycling route onto our smartphones for offline viewing. I thought you might also want to do so. The same, by the way, applies to all cycling or other routes created in Google My Maps.
- If you haven’t done so yet, download the MAPS.ME app onto your smartphone and save the maps of the countries that we will be cycling through (FREE).
- Open our route map by clicking on the top right button in the map on tdaglobalcycling.com/tour-dafrique (“View Larger Map”).
- Open the top left menu with the three dots, and click “Download KML”. (You might need to be signed into your Google account for this to work.)
- Open the KML file form you smartphone. If it doesn’t do so automatically, you should be able to select to open with MAPS.ME.
- Et voilà—we cannot get lost anymore. Or at least that’s how it seems to me . .
Hope this helps!